To make sure everything was pieced correctly (avoiding my mistake from the previous layout) I used the half wall outside my craft room to layout the rows while sewing them together.
The back was pieced together with a braided herringbone strip made from scraps from my previous Farm Fresh quilts.
Personally, I like quilts with a reversible backing that is as interesting, thoughtfully laid out, and beautiful as the front.
The binding was mainly denim, with a few scraps from the herringbone backing thrown in as well. I know I cheated by machine sewing the binding, but my goal was to get this project done and have it nicely secured.
The denim softened up and faded nicely after being washed and thankfully the indigo dye did not run.
Finished size ended up at 48in x 33in.
Despite taking apart the quilt top, this was one of the quickest quilts I have completed. I even managed to make an extra gift with dad in mind.